Cauliflower rice (cauli-rice) is a healthy alternative to regular rice. While we love regular white rice, this recipe is a delicious way to sneak in more cruciferous vegetables in your diet.
This is an easy recipe for meal prep.
Some of the benefits of this dish include:
Cauliflower: high in vitamin C, fiber, B-vitamins, antioxidants and other micronutrients including sulforaphane (fights cancer, diabetes and blood-pressure)
Ginger: anti-inflammatory, lowers blood sugars, reduces menstrual pain and great for digestion
Garlic: antiviral and antibacterial, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
Vegan, Paleo, Low carb
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 25 min
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 scallions sliced, white and green parts
- 2 inch piece of ginger chopped
- 1 thai red chilli sliced (or to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- cilantro to garnish
Grate the cauliflower with a grater, or you can also rice it in your food processor using grater attachment
Heat the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add ginger, scallion (white parts), and garlic. Sautee for 30-40 seconds.
- Add cauliflower and red chilli. Saute another 5-7 minutes.
Season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Turn off the heat.
Garnish with cilantro and green parts of scallion and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? Leave us a comment below. We'd love to hear how it turned out.